Do you get excited about using technology to innovate and solve big problems? Are you creative? Are you at a place in your career where making a big impact—for your team, your company, your customers—is important to you? If so, check out the opportunity we have for you! We are looking for smart team players who are willing to take on any challenge with us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
We get that our customers need practical solutions for the real-world problems that they are facing right now—and it feels awesome to deliver on that! You will work with the VP of Product to implement the company’s product strategic vision and roadmap in three areas: backend, frontend, and mobile. You will always have a pulse on our customers, prospective customers, the Sales organization, and the Engineering Team, and we will rely on you to ensure that everyone else in the organization does, too. You will use these inputs for both high-level strategic development, and also more granular requirements and specifications for feature development and new product development.
Our exceptional team will value your contribution and expertise. We are a savvy group that is having a great time learning and collaborating. Our people love what they do here, and we help them to develop what’s next. We play to our people’s strengths, coach them, and demonstrate real appreciation for their work—both recognition and rewards. We are having fun growing AirFinder into a successful and profitable venture. If you like the idea of solving problems that didn’t have a reasonable solution until now, come scale up with us.
Link Labs is growing rapidly, and as the company grows (over 6-18 months), the product management team will expand. The Director of Software Product Management will grow a team across the different domains and develop the internal processes and structure for efficient and effective management.
At Link Labs, we believe that unique solutions built by solving hard technical problems can transform businesses of any scale, and through them the world we live in. We pursue answers to hard technical challenges without bias, innovating ourselves and leveraging the innovations of others. We further embrace the challenge of making these innovations easy to use and cost-effective, creating an ever-expanding set of possible applications and impact.
What you can do as a member of our team
- Collaborate with Management team and Engineering leadership to define short- and long-term product roadmaps for backend, frontend, and mobile software. Communicate product roadmap and progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop high-level and functional product/feature specifications and requirements for implementation by the Engineering Team
- Build positive relationships with both internal and external customers and potential customers. Collect, collate, evaluate, and prioritize feature requests and functional additions.
- Coordinate with Engineering and QA to establish long-term product delivery schedules and bi-weekly sprint definition, documentation requirements, and QA acceptance tests and criteria, using a spring (Agile, Scrum) process
- Serve as release manager for software products and internal main point of contact for software development
- Evaluate test outcomes from QA to approve or reject sprint outputs
- Be a hands-on player to grow and manage Software Product Management team
- Collaborate with Delivery Manager to ensure timely delivery of features, functions, and products against established timelines
- Ensure delivery of customer-centric, usable documentation with software releases
What you should bring with you
- An unyielding desire to delight customers
- Excitement to lead a team to manage products from conception to delivery
- A commitment to good corporate citizenship—encouraging two-way flow of relevant and timely information, and prioritizing the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Skill in communicating timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, strong presentation skills
- Flexibility and openness to new challenges
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track many activities
- Self-starter and self-learner that is capable of working with limited supervision
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a software product manager
- Minimum 5 years managing and leading product teams
- Experience with UI/UX
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Demonstrable results in working with Engineering and QA teams to on-time feature/product delivery
- Experience leading agile development process
- Experience with back-end architecture, at a minimum AWS and ideally AWS-IoT
- Experience with mobile development platforms (e.g. AngularJS, React, etc.)
- Ability to articulate the pros and cons of different back-end architectural approaches
- Experience producing professional quality presentations, documentation, and other written collateral using Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in groups and one-on-one interactions for effective presentations
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Send resume and cover letter to: