How often does your company transfer items across states or even across the country? How often do you have clients asking when their item will arrive? Or perhaps, you need returnable shipping crates returned in a timely manner so you can maintain business processes. If any of these questions relate to your workplace, you may be searching for a solution to resolve them.
As products move from facility to facility, it’s important to know that they are in the correct place. Whether you decide to keep track of the truck your assets are on, or the specific container they are in, you need an outdoor asset tracking system to help you.
Why Outdoor Asset Tracking
Outdoor IoT asset tracking systems allow you to know where your assets are at any time. You can also use outdoor tracking solutions to visualize asset location during shipment. With SuperTag (as part of AirFinder Everywhere), installation is quick and easy. Just attach the tag to your item and go online to finalize the setup. Once connected, you can watch the tag move in tandem with the item(s).
AirFinder Everywhere Benefits
- 1. Everywhere Means Everywhere. In the past, when companies released outdoor tracking systems, they could only be used for outdoor tracking. An outdoor-only solution is helpful, but a solution with indoor and outdoor functionality is even better, so tracking doesn't stop when assets reach their next destination. The AirFinder Everywhere system works both indoors and outdoors so you don't have to buy two separate systems.
- 2. Customization for Each User. It's up to each user how often they want the tag to update. This applies to both when the tag is moving and when it's not. The less frequently the tag updates, the more battery life it saves. The network order can even be chosen. Connectivity options include GPS, Cell ID, WiFi Lookup, and the AirFinder OnSite network. As GPS drains battery life quicker than the other options, users may choose to prioritize another connectivity option.
- 3. Long-Lasting Battery Life. SuperTag batteries can last up to 10 years depending on how often the tag updates and the model chosen. You might be wondering how this is possible. SuperTags conserve battery life by sipping the battery instead of gulping. The most recent addition to the SuperTag family includes a rechargeable tag that lasts up to 3 months before needing to recharge.
- 4. Sensor Monitoring. Perhaps your company works with environmentally sensitive materials that need to remain at a specific temperature or humidity. Manually monitoring these types of materials often requires more employee output to make sure they stay within set levels. AirFinder Everywhere gives back time in your day by checking conditions such as temperature and humidity for you.
- 5. Asset Tracking Accuracy. AirFinder Everywhere strikes a balance between location accuracy and battery life at an affordable price. When tracking outside, the accuracy is up to 50 feet. However, when tracking inside, the accuracy is up to 3 feet.
- 6. Trigger Alerts. With AirFinder Everywhere, you can set up geofences within your facility or on a map. Using geofences allows users to create alerts that notify you when a tag is leaving a zone, entering a zone, or moving between zones.
Wrapping it Up
If you’ve been searching for a solution that moves with your most valuable assets, look no further than AirFinder Everywhere. Now’s the time to start saving time and put more hours back into your workday.